This is an important part of the field service A.C. Dellovade, Inc. provides our customers. Our Safety Director is involved early on in the project, attends the project kick off meeting and remains active through out the construction
Our Safety Goals
AC Dellovade strives to provide our employees with the safest possible work environment. Our first priority is the safety of our employees and those working around them. Our Safety Goals are to complete each project accident free; to complete each project without injury or damage to property or equipment; and to continuously improve our safety performance.
AC Dellovade follows the guidelines set forth in the Code of Federal Regulations Part 1926 for Construction and is proud to have consistently maintained an EMR rating below 1.0 in an industry where hazards, such as extreme heights, leading edge roof work, and congested jobsites are commonplace. Our safety record is a direct result of the vigilance and training of our employees in hazard recognition and safe work practices. Safety Guidelines have been established to insure consistency within our Safety Program. These Safety Guidelines are an integral component of all AC Dellovade project planning.
- Site Specific Safety Plan- Is developed based on the scope of work for each project. The guidelines in the plan include safety training and orientation, housekeeping, work area safety, material handling, personal protection, tools, cranes, hoists, hole protection, signs and barricades, ladder and scaffolds safety, electrical safety, fire protection and prevention and hazard communication.
- Activity Hazard Analysis Plan- Is developed and addresses hazards associated with material receipt and storage, rigging and use of suspended and/or supported scaffolding and aerial lifts, and the installation and erection of our construction materials. An Activity Hazard Analysis Plan would be developed for any additional equipment or function not mentioned in previous plans.
- Safety Task Assignment Form- Is used daily to support the Activity Hazard Analysis Plan. The Safety Task Assignment Form provides a more detailed explanation of the task to be performed and the equipment and training necessary to complete the task.
- Safety Orientation- Is conducted for all newly hired employees prior to the commencement of work. A.C. Dellovade provides a 32 point safety guide for use as a pocket reference.
A.C. Dellovade believes in a proactive approach to safety. Since every construction project is hazardous, safety training begins with jobsite orientation. Additionally, weekly "Toolbox Talks" continue to provide a means of safety training throughout the duration of the project.
- OSHA Training- A.C. Dellovade has the ability to provide OSHA training in construction safety and health for its employees through our in-house OSHA Outreach Training Program. Both the 10 hour and 30 hour courses are available.
- Scaffold Safety- Can be taught separately or as part of an OSHA Training course. Courses can accommodate suspended and supported scaffolding and be taught at the jobsites.
- Fall Protection- A.C. Dellovade trains employees to follow the guidelines set fourth in the Code of Federal Regulations subpart M for fall protection. Like Scaffold Safety Training, it can also be part of an OSHA Program or be taught in the field.
- Specialized Safety Training - Arrangements can be made through the Safety Department for specialized safety training when required for certain projects.
- MSHA Certified Company - MSHA Certified Employees